Venus Remedies has leveraged an inspiring two-decade experience to emerge among 50 leading pharmaceutical companies in India. The Company has been ranked 107th in Asia (Source: Bio Spectrum Asia) and among 500 Largest Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies in the world (Source: Plimsoll Worldwide Business Intelligence Report).
By the virtue of having selected to specialise through the injectables route in high-growth therapeutic segments like anti-infective, oncology, cardiovascular and neurology, Venus Remedies is among the world’s 10 leading fixed dosage injectables manufacturers.
The result is a presence in 60 countries and covering more than 75 products.
- We are in the business of preserving and improving human life through innovation.
- We exist to provide value to our customers.
- We ensure product quality, safety, reliability and excellence.
- We manufacture medicines for patients, not for profit; profit follows.
- We work with passion, commitment and enthusiasm.
- We believe in hard work, productivity and continuous improvement.
- We encourage and respect individual initiative, ability and creativity to develop people as the source of our strength.
- We practice honesty, integrity and ethics in all aspects of our business and strive to be the best corporate citizen.
- We acknowledge our responsibilities towards our customers, employees, society at large and last, but not the least, our shareholders.
- We shall build Venus as a nation.
- To establish Venus as an innovator company
- To create intellectual property wealth of USD 1 billion
- To ensure the commercialisation of intellectual property rights of the Company worldwide
- To establish Sulbactomax as a Rs 100 crore brand
- To ensure Venus’ presence in 60 countries
- To make Sulbactomax, Septiloc/ Ampucare, Potentox and Vancoplus global products
- To make every department an independent profit centre
- To achieve new heights through the creation of Venus Industrial Complex
- To develop and sustain a highly motivated and empowered team for the realisation of our dream of a self progressive society
- To be a globally admired pharmaceutical company for world-class quality and innovation
- SULBACTOMAX, POTENTOX, VANCOPLUS, TOBRACEF, MEBATIC, ZYDOTUM, SUPIME, PIROTUM, NEUROTOL
Venus Medical Research Centre balances basic biomedical and translational research to develop medicines that treat serious medical conditions. At Venus, research is a critical thrust area engaged in providing novel solutions that fill the vast gap between challenging ailments and available molecules. The Company launched eight novel research-based products over the last five years which fill solution gaps in high-growth segments (antibiotics, oncology and cardiology). Following are some of our key research areas:
Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS):
Development of nanotechnology-based, sustained release and targeted delivery formulations with NDDS to reduce adverse drug reactions and side-effects in the therapeutic areas of oncology, NSAID, neuro science, arthritic disorders, stress and lifestyle related diseases, immuno chemistry, infectious diseases and wound healing.
Development of non-infringing formulations to reduce the impact of generic competition, revitalise established brands, fill product pipeline gaps and enhance patient compliance. This, along with the strong regulatory team, facilitated CTD development and a first-mover generic presence in leading markets.
Venus Medicine Research Centre (100,000 sq. ft. research and development laboratory) was established in 2008 at Baddi, India, for US$ 6 million. The research centre is recognised by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) for the development of globally competitive technologies through tax and duty exemptions.
A research team of more than 50 scientists and support staff (20% are PhDs and Post Doctorates) complements nine high-tech testing laboratories, created at par with stringent cGLP standards. These laboratories cover microbiology, toxicology, molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacognosy and biotechnology including tissue culture, stability and chemical analyses.
These units are equipped with sophisticated ultra-sensitive instruments like UPLC, HPLC, GC-MS, AAS, FT-IR, UV-visible spectrophotometer, biochemical analyser, Elisa reader, Karl Fischer apparatus, gel documentation and auto analyser, among others.
The research facility also includes an international standard animal house approved by the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision on Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA).
Bestowed with the Best Innovation Award in the herbal product category for the wound healing solution called ‘Ampucare’ by the Indo-USA Joint Science and Technology Forum in collaboration with Lockheed Martin Foundation, FICCI and DST (Government of India)
Contact Venus Remedies