One More Ebola Positive Case in United States

A physician in New York City who recently came back from dealing with Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the Ebola virus on Thursday, becoming the New York’s first and United states’s third diagnosed case.Ebola

The physician, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital Center on Thursday and put in isolation while health care staff spread out throughout the city to track anyone he may have come into contact with in recent days. A additional test will be performed by the CDC to ensure the initial test.

While authorities have said they predicted isolated cases of the disease to appear in New York gradually, and had been planning for this moment for months, the initial case pointed out the difficulties surrounding containment of the virus, particularly in a crowded metropolis.

Even as the government bodies worked to ensure that Spencer was attacked with Ebola, it appeared that he moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he gone to a bowling alley, and then had taken a taxi home.

The following morning, he revealed having a temperature of 103 degrees, increasing questions about his health while he was out in public.

Individuals contaminated with Ebola can’t spread the disease till they begin to show symptoms, and it can’t be propagate through the air. As individuals become sicker, the viral load in the human body builds, and they turn into more and more infected.

Dr Spencer’s journey history and the timing of the onset of his symptoms lead health authorities to send disease investigators, who “instantly began to actively track all of the individual’s contacts to recognize anyone who may be at possible risk,” with respect to a statement published by the department.

It was uncertain if the city was seeking to find individuals who might have come into contact with Dr Spencer on the subway. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority instructed all concerns to the health department, which did not instantly react to requests for comment on the problem.

At Dr Spencer’s residence in Harlem, his home was sealed off and employees distributed informational pamphlets about the disease. It was unclear if anyone was being quarantined.

Health specialists refused to say how many individuals in total might have come into contact with Dr Spencer when he was symptomatic.

Mayor Bill de Blasio, talking at a news conference Thursday evening prior to the diagnosis, stated Dr Spencer has provided health staff a specific accounting of his activities over the past few days.

“Our comprehension is that quite few people were in direct contact with him,” de Blasio said.

Dr Spencer had been doing work with Physicians Without Borders in Guinea, dealing with Ebola sufferers, before coming back to New York City on Oct. 14, with respect to a city official.

He told the government bodies that he did not think the protective gear he wore while working with Ebola sufferers had been breached but had been tracking his own health.

Physicians Without Borders, in a statement, stated it offers suggestions for its employees on their return from Ebola assignments, but did not elaborate on those protocols.

“The personal engaged in regular health tracking and reported this development instantly,” the group said in a statement.

Dr Spencer started to feel sluggish on Tuesday but did not build a fever till Thursday morning, he told the government bodies. At 11am, the physician identified that he had a 103-degree temperature and notified the staff of Doctors Without Borders, with respect to the official.

Recently Clinical Research Society Published an article with tittleĀ CDC: Second Ebola Case Diagnosed in United States